- Avogadro—advanced molecule editor and visualizer (ideas)
- cclib—parse, interpret and analyze computational chemistry data (ideas)
- Psi4—hybrid Python/C++ suite of ab-initio quantum chemistry programs (ideas)
- NWChem—computational chemistry tools from classical to quantum (ideas)
- Open Babel—search, convert, analyze, or store chemical data (ideas)
- RDKit—cheminformatics and machine-learning software (ideas)
- gnina— C/C++ framework for applying deep learning to molecular docking (ideas)
- DeepChem—a Python library democratizing deep learning for science (ideas)
If you know a student who would like to be paid to work on open source chemistry projects this summer please let them know about our mentoring organization. We have a great selection of ideas, with mentors who have been working in these areas for many years. We are using the Open Chemistry mailing list to coordinate discussions with prospective students, but please note that each project has their own lists, issue trackers, etc.
Applications are open, we look forward to working with our new students this year and helping them with their projects for GSoC!